Rating out of
This is a backboard and light all built into one unit.
- Extremely durable; has easily withstood being hit with 25 gram darts. It is made of a poly carbonate that is used in bullet proof glass (3/16" thick).
- 360 degree lighting; absolutely no shadows.
- Easy to hang on the wall and it comes with all the hardware you will need regardless of the surface you will be hanging it on. I managed to hang it by myself in about 20 minutes.
- The unit is enclosed so that stray darts can not damage the light.
- You can customize it's look by having your logo or business name on it in place of the brand name.
- This unit is very well packaged, little to no chance of it getting damaged in shipping regardless of how much it's thrown around.
- If, like me, you're used to "flood lights" shining on your board, the soft light eminating from this unit will take a little while to get used to.
- This can be intimidating for wild or new throwers who might be more concerned with hitting it than concentrating on the board.
- It is more expensive than a regular backboard and track lighting.
Recommendation: I like simple and it doesn't get much simpler than this. All you have to do is mount in on the wall with no concerns about where you're going to hang lights. This is a must for all dart bars/taverns, at least the ones I've thrown in where lighting always seems to be an issue.
You can find this product at